Cygwin on Windows Server 2003 64 bit

Dave Salton bluesdave@hotmail.com
Tue Sep 9 06:51:00 GMT 2003

Has anyone successfully run cygwin on Windows Server 2003 64 bit? I have
installed cygwin 1.3.22-1 without a problem, but when I run the bash shell,
I get a fork error:

C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe: *** fork: can't reserve memory for stack 0xF0000 -
0x2F0
000, Win32 error 0
      6 [main] bash 3156 sync_with_child: child 3160(0x6A4) died before
initiali
zation with status code 0x1
    367 [main] bash 3156 sync_with_child: *** child state waiting for
longjmp
bash: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
bash-2.05b$

I have tried *all* of the compatibility options for bash.exe (ie. XP, down
to 95), but this has not prevented the error. I am running under the
server's Administrator id, so security should not be an issue.

The machine is an Intel Itanium server: four processor (64 bit), 4 gb
memory.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Dave