bug in libintl2 0.12.1-3

Wed Sep 10 05:16:00 GMT 2003

Uwe Stöhr wrote:

> I'm stumped too, because I thaught testing means to test it with all
> character sets.

Did you read this?

 >>school spanish was a long time ago. I've often
 >>said that perhaps I'm not the best person to
 >>maintain these two packages...

If you'd like to take over maintaining libiconv and gettext -- please,
volunteer -- subject to the approval of the cygwin-apps mailing list.  I
don't routinely use alternate character sets.  I don't have cygwin-TeX
or LyX or any GUI apps [except xfig] installed.  And I sure as hell am
not going to install 150 MB of stuff I won't use, simply to test
alternate character sets in LyX...

I rely on the hours-long internal test suite that ships with gettext.
Cygwin's build doesn't pass all of the tests, only about 98% of them.
Perhaps your problem is covered in the other 2%, and downloading and
building and running the testsuite will help you track down the problem
and provide a fix.

Or, perhaps the problem you observe is caused by a bug that is not
exercised in the test suite.  If so, then perhaps you could provide a
patch and a testcase to go with it, that Bruno [the "real" maintainer of
gettext] would be happy to accept.

FWIW, libiconv does seem to pass all of its internal tests.

--
Chuck