System call which gets CPU utilized capacity

Alex Vinokur alexvn@connect.to
Thu Sep 11 15:59:00 GMT 2003

"Igor Pechtchanski" <pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu> wrote in message news:Pine.GSO.4.56.0309100918590.5235@slinky.cs.nyu.edu...
> On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Alex Vinokur wrote:
>
> > Is there in CYGWIN any system call which gets CPU utilized capacity at
> > the present moment?

[snip]
> I assume the call is the same as in any other Unix system, since "top"
> worked for me with almost no porting about a year ago.  You might want to
> take a look at the sources for the "procps" package.
> Igor
[snip]

But "top" and "ps" are the UNIX (CYGWIN) command line utilities.
We can't use them in C-program unless with system().
 I mean platform-specific system call (as the popen() system call) which can be directly used in C-program.

   Alex Vinokur
     mailto:alexvn@connect.to