File name completion in bash completes to .lnk

Andrew DeFaria ADeFaria@Salira.com
Fri Sep 12 01:53:00 GMT 2003

Larry Hall wrote:

> At 07:59 PM 9/11/2003, Andrew DeFaria you wrote:
>
>> Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>> Nope. It actually doesn't do that at all. I just tried it.
>>
>> Well it just did for me!
>>
>> $ ln -s /etc/passwd symlinked_file
>> $ ls syml<at this point I hit tab and got symlinked_file.lnk
>>
>> What information can I give to you at this point?
>
> I guess start with the standard stuff like the cygcheck info.

Attached

> Maybe try running this with 'strace' and look at the results.

Not exactly sure how to strace this. It's not like I'm running another
process, rather I'm just hitting the tab key in bash. I tried strace
bash then, after tons of probably uninteresting output I start my "test"
by typing ls sym then tab. Nothing happens.

> Send anything strange along. 'ls -l symlinked_file' might be helpful
> as well.

Well it's just a symlink to /etc/passwd:

$ ls -l symlinked_file
lrwxrwxrwx    1 adefaria Domain U      115 Sep 11 18:51 symlinked_file
-> /etc/passwd
===
Obligatory witty saying: When someone asks you, "A penny for your
thoughts", and you put your
two cents in, what happens to the other penny?