Syslog daemon (yes, I read the archives)

Christopher Faylor cgf-rcm@cygwin.com
Fri Sep 12 06:45:00 GMT 2003

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 04:40:27PM +1000, David O'Shea wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>>From reading the archives there seem to be some requests from people
>to have the ability to use a syslog daemon instead of the Windows
>Event Log or C:\CYGWIN_SYSLOG.TXT for syslog output.  I would also
>like that.
>
>I would like to try to implement this so that a registry flag controls
>whether the current method is used or whether to try and talk to the
>local syslog daemon.
>
>Is there any reason to not do this?  If I don't hear back from here I
>guess I'll try and get on the -developers mailing list and see what
>they say.

All of the developers read this mailing list.  If you want to contribute
something, you should look at the contributing link at the cygwin web site
and you'll need to send in an assignment for any patch that you provide.

I don't have any opinion one way or the other on this.  I guess I'd have
to see the implemenation.

cgf