Cygwin on external drive?
Gerrit P. Haase
gp@familiehaase.de
Sat Sep 13 09:29:00 GMT 2003
Hallo Peter,
Am Donnerstag, 11. September 2003 um 11:32 schriebst du:
> I moved a complete perfectly working Cygwin-configuration with
> Apache and SSL from C:\cygwin to F.\cygwin an external 40GB disk
> drive (connected via USB) and tried to get it running, but it will
> not work. I must say that I have expected problems. Should this be
> possible after a straight installation on an external drive from the
> beginning?
> I think I found a hint in some faq that installation on C:\cygwin is
> not mandatory.
> Thanks in advance :-)
Works well for me with the correct mounts. But using services which
are running under 'Local System' account doesn't work because Windows
'mounts' (Shared Drives/Folders) are only visible to the user but not
to the system.
Servus,
Gerrit
--
=^..^=
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list