Apache/PHP installation puzzle

jurgen.defurne@philips.com jurgen.defurne@philips.com
Mon Sep 15 06:12:00 GMT 2003

Dave,

Do you run PHP as CGI or as php_mod ?

If CGI, then you should place your PHP scripts in /cgi-bin/,
prepend '#!/usr/bin/php' or whatever, and make your
scripts executable. Also control  your php.ini file.

If you run PHP as php_mod, then you must add the
following lines to your apache httpd.conf file :

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
AddType application/x-httpd-php .phtml
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3

for whatever file extensions you need.

After this, check again your php.ini file.

I think it should be installed, I have it here on my system,
installed from standard cygwin. It doesn't run here, but
for other reasons, so I use the CGI, which I compiled
from scratch. I do not need the performance, only the
functionality.

Regards,

Jurgen

<dave_d@boltblue.com>