Displaying shares

Andrew DeFaria ADeFaria@Salira.com
Tue Sep 16 20:26:00 GMT 2003


This is an enhancement request.... PTC, that is if I knew how to patch 
this... Anyways I thought I'd mention it. Haven't seen it mentioned before.

If you type "\\<server>" in the address bar of the Explorer it will show 
you the shares that are "exported". With XP file/path completion happens 
in the addressbar and in the File Open dialog boxes.

However, if you type "ls //<server>" in bash you get No such file or 
directory. Also if you type "ls //<server>/sh" and hit tab for file name 
completion it does not complete. AFter you pass the <share> portion 
filename completion again works (e.g. ls //<server>/<share>/[tab]).

I've always thought this odd. Any thoughts?
===
Obligatory witty saying: 11th commandment - Covet not thy neighbor's 
Pentium.



--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list