setvbuf/setlinebuf issue
Brian Ford
ford@vss.fsi.com
Wed Sep 17 18:39:00 GMT 2003
Jan Jaeger wrote here:
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-09/msg01159.html
> The issue appears related to the use of the pthread library, where is
> almost appears if every thread now has its own streams buffer, rather
> then a shared buffer as the threading model dictates.
>
This problem appears analogous to the at_exit problem in newlib fixed by
Thomas Pfaff here:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/newlib/2003/msg00527.html
I assume a similar fix is in order, but I don't currently have to time to
cook one up and test it. Is anyone else game?
I'll give it a try when I free up if no one else gets there first. BTW, a
pass through newlib looking for other similar occurences appears to be in
order.
--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer
VITAL - Visual Simulation Systems
FlightSafety International
Phone: 314-551-8460
Fax: 314-551-8444
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list