^C not getting to sub, sub, sub, sub processes
Rolf Campbell
Endlisnis@mailc.net
Sat Sep 20 03:56:00 GMT 2003
Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>I have a reproducable (at least on my machine) of some ^C handling issues.
>>
>>#!/bin/python
>>import sys, os, select
>>
>>if(int(sys.argv[1]) > 0):
>> os.system(sys.argv[0] + " %d" % (int(sys.argv[1])-1))
>>else:
>> select.select([], [], [], 10)
>>
>>Try running this as "./deep.py 0", and then, when it's waiting, hit ^C,
>>it will terminate fine. Now try it as "./deep.py 1", and then hit ^C.
>>Nothing happens. I see this when I try to cancel my build, but ^C
>>doesn't work when the process tree is too deep.
>
>
> Interesting. This is an *ancient* bug. I think it even predates my
> involvment in cygwin. It was a bug in the system() call. It should be
> fixed in the latest snapshot, available now.
>
> Thanks for the test case.
No problem, thank you for the quick fix (works great now). BTW, I have
some machines that are still running 1.3.17, and I could not reproduce
this ^C issue on them. I don't really care, but I thought I would
mention it.
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list