SUGGESTION wrt preremove / postinstall / preinstall (RE: [FAQ]Packages reported as "Incomplete" by "cygcheck -c")
Hannu E K Nevalainen (garbage mail)
garbage_collector@telia.com
Mon Sep 22 08:55:00 GMT 2003
> From: Robert Collins
>
> In general, setup needs to be taught about classes of files:
> configuration files vs image files vs data and script files.
>
> Once that general concept is in place, we can:
> * support rpm and dpkg formats more effectively
> * add classes for things like apache
> * be smarter about rebasing
>
> etc etc etc
I'm sure this is the way to go... I'm not that intimate with the details of
how setup works.
My idea was based on a wish to "clean up" - for the moment.
I didn't expect it to become a "long time solution" :-)
/Hannu E K Nevalainen, B.Sc. EE - 59°16.37'N, 17°12.60'E
-- UTC+01, DST -> UTC+02 --
--END OF MESSAGE--
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list