make is not install

Carlo Florendo carlo@astra.ph
Fri Sep 26 07:36:00 GMT 2003


bohm s wrote:

> Hi,
> I just installed cygwin and 'make' was not installed.


It's most probable that make was not installed even if you thought it 
was.  Could you post the output the command `cygcheck -svr' so your 
problem can be diagnosed better.  Check out 
http://cygwin.com/problems.html for details on how to post problems later.

>
> I chose All - "default", then uninstalled everything, following the 
> uninstall instructions on the cygwin site, then tried All - "install". 
> Niether configuration resullted in make.exe being found in my 
> cygwin\bin folder.
>
> What am I doing wrong? What package do I need to install to get 'make'?


Are you sure you got everything.  What mirror are you using?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Carlo
------
Carlo Florendo
Astra Philippines Inc.
www.hq.astra.ph












--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list