problem of cron in cygwin xp

Chunyu Liu cliu@yoda.bsd.uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 30 15:43:00 GMT 2003

Igor,

Thank you for the help.

I tried to follow your instruction, but no luck to get it work.
1. cron_diagnosis.sh does not find any problem.
2. the cygcheck is attached.
3. The only error message I got is:

$ cygrunsrv --start cron
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1062:
The service has not been started.

4. cron.log is fine.

[1732] cron started
[1652] cron started
[1920] cron started
[3668] cron started
[264] cron started
[3668] cron started
[2284] cron started

5. cron from the command line  looks fine, does not report any error,
but does not start the service either.

6. How to get the SYSTEM-owned shell?

I've spent hours trying to find the answer to all the problems in the
sea of questions & answers, and can't make it.
It's really a headache.

Chunyu