problem of cron in cygwin xp, final solution!

Chunyu Liu cliu@yoda.bsd.uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 30 18:56:00 GMT 2003

Igor,

This link you gave me is the final solution.  I experienced exactly the
same problem as Andrew described.
To make the life easier for the other followers:
1. Need to set the mode of cygwin1.dll

$ chmod +x /bin/cygwin1.dll
2. Need to create another directory
$ mkdir /etc/cron.d
Also make it accessible, by changing the permission.
3. Then, follow the standard guideline to start cron service, as
$ cygrunsrv --stop cron
$ cygrunsrv --remove cron
$ cygrunsrv --install cron -p /usr/sbin/cron -a -D
$ cygrunsrv --start cron

Hopefully, this troubling problem can be solved in the next version
cygwin setup.

But the "at" function still does not work:
$ at /interactive 12:19 c:\\cygwin\\bin\\bash --login -i
Invalid command.

I tried it under DOS command envn, same error.

Anyway, the cron eventually worked.
Many thanks for the help!!!!!

Chunyu