patch for keychain

Bill Smargiassi bsmargiassi@pobox.com
Fri Apr 2 04:43:00 GMT 2004

I noticed this with a recent Cygwin install. $HOME was set to my user
dir in C:\Documents and Settings. Several of the tests on $keydir and
$pidf were not quoted and the spaces in $HOME were causing "too many
arguments" errors. As a result, the agent info was not stored properly
and closing the shell that started keychain would result in a hung
cmd.exe or rxvt.exe. So far things are working as they should after
these changes to quote variables in 3 tests and a "." sourcing of $pidf.

The attached diff was generated against Cygwin's 2.0.3-2 package. I
looked at patching against the 2.0.3 source linked on the keychain home
page, but that had a 1 line change, having a -e argument to ps on line
253. I recently saw where that was patched out.

This isn't really a problem with Cygwin. Any home dir with spaces in it
would cause issues. It's just more likely to occur on Cygwin.

bill

ChangeLog entry:

2004-04-01  Bill Smargiassi  <bsmargiassi@pobox.com>

* keychain: Add quotes to tests on $keydir and $pidf, and one source of
$pidf.