Cygwin icon

Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) BBuchbinder@niaid.nih.gov
Fri Apr 2 20:55:00 GMT 2004

For what it's worth, I tried it on XP and didn't care for the way it looked
on a dark background.  I prefer the current one without color gradients.

As much as I'd like to honor CGF's preference for otters, I think that a
swan or a cygnet (def: young swan) would be more appropriate for CYGwin.

- Barry

-----Original Message-----
From: Breaker
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 5:44 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Cygwin icon

Here it is.

It should work everywhere. I have tested it in XP and ME. In XP it looks
ok, in ME and other OSes that doesn't have alpha channel for icons, it
can look pixelated. I cannot do more, I am not a pixel artist :(
I tried to respect the original Cygwin icon design as much as I could.
The icon is in the sizes commonly  used by Windows, but if someone is
interested I have the icon in bigger sizes (up to 72x72).