zsh and line breaks

Dave Korn dk@artimi.com
Tue Apr 6 12:55:00 GMT 2004

  You could take it one step further: combine that with using the --wrap
option to ld

   case "$host" in
   *-*-cygwin*)
     LIBS="$LIBS /usr/lib/textreadmode.o";;
     LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS --wrap _main"
   esac

and textreadmode.o has a function __wrap_main that sets the textmode and
calls __real_main.  That way the entire cygwinization can be done in
configure and no need for #ifdefs anywhere.  OTOH it's a bit obscure
maintenance-wise.

    cheers,
      DaveK