ncurses problem

Larry Hall cygwin-lh@cygwin.com
Wed Apr 14 03:38:00 GMT 2004

At 10:48 PM 4/13/2004, you wrote:

>I'm having problems compiling a c++ program with ncurses. When it links I
>get this message:
>
>g++ -Wall -o main (bunch of .o's) -lncurses -lm
>Info: resolving _stdscr by linking to __imp__stdscr (auto-import)
>Info: resolving _COLS by linking to __imp__COLS (auto-import)
>Info: resolving _LINES by linking to __imp__LINES (auto-import)
>
>It compiles ok, and seems to run, and clears the screen but doesn't seem to
>output anything to it, nor does it seem to be accepting input (program
>should exit with I hit 'q'... buffers it until I hit ctl-C instead... using
>getch()).
>
>I know this program worked under Linux and I do have gcc 3.3.1-3 and ncurses
>5.3-4 installed.
>
>Or, does anyone have an example of a program they've gotten to work with
>cygwin/ncurses?

There's dozens of packages in the distribution that use ncurses.  Just look
at the setup.ini file in the directory you downloaded your packages to and
you can find them.

> I searched for the Info lines above and couldn't find
>anything on Google or the cygwin site.

Don't worry about the messages.  They are "information".  It's just to let
you know that the symbols weren't explicitly exported from the DLL but the
linker found them and used them anyway.  It's a convenience feature to make
it easier to port stuff to Windows.  While it's possible that this is somehow
related to the problem you're seeing with your program, it's pretty unlikely
that it's the cause.

Holliston, MA 01746