co-linux

Dave Korn dk@artimi.com
Wed Apr 14 13:58:00 GMT 2004

  Dunno how you managed to read that into my post.  All I said was that Unix
!= Linux.  Depending on what the application is, someone might want a
unix-alike rather than a Linux system, because they aren't the same thing.
Fairly simple to understand, I thought: the fact that you've read it as some
kind of value judgement suggests you're projecting your own preconceived
notions into my words.

>  Don't we all pine for those
> times, where we would make all kinds of interesting workarounds for
> non-POSIX compliant /bin/sh's that came without that silly stuff
> called source code.
>
> Jan.
> /still failing to see why Cygwin has that same coolness factor

  Chill, dude.  You got issues or something?  Get that chip off your
shoulder!

    cheers,
      DaveK