rsync question

Sun Apr 18 10:31:00 GMT 2004

On Apr 16 19:49, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> At 12:08 AM 4/17/2004 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >On Apr 16 15:44, Peter Kok wrote:
>
> >> Q2: Could nontsec work with public key authentication?  I have granted
> >> the account with several local user rights, "create token object,
> >> logon
> >> as a service' and 'replace a process level token'
> >
> >Did you give the SYSTEM account the right to read your ~/.ssh directory
> >and the files in it?  Does the service know about nontsec (set CYGWIN
> >in global windows environment or through cygrunsrv)?  Is StrictModes set
> >to no in /etc/sshd_config?
>
> >From Peter's question it's not clear if his sshd is running as SYSTEM.
> If it is, then granting the privileges to the user should not be
> necessary, but that doesn't explain the problem.
>
> I can reproduce on an NT system, with sshd running as SYSTEM,
> but I can't explain it. Part of the debug output of ssh is given
> below, with and without ntsec. The difference is in the last few
> lines.

It's a problem with the ntsec specific test in OpenSSH itself.  The
test requires ntsec to be turned on for switching user context w/o
password.  This isn't required anymore for a while but the test in
OpenSSH still insists on ntsec for pubkey auth.

I've send a patch to the portable OpenSSH developers list which hopefully
makes it into 3.8.1p1, which is due RSN.

Corinna

Cygwin Co-Project Leader          mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
Red Hat, Inc.