Unix time conversion error

Larry Hall cygwin-lh@cygwin.com
Mon Apr 19 15:21:00 GMT 2004

At 07:18 AM 4/19/2004, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have a conversion problem. When I convert UNIX timestamps
>to datetime representations, they are one hour off. Does this have to
>with the following mail (indeed we are now in DST) ?
>
>http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-10/msg00995.html
>
>I first thought it was a Perl problem, but I now notice it in mySQL
>too (although the mySQL server is running on Solaris).

Maybe but I doubt that someone will be able to provide much input unless
they see exactly the same problem you do.  You've really provided no other
information on which someone else here might be able to comment.  So I'd
recommend reading:

Of course, if you were enquiring on the off-chance that someone might
have already seen this problem and have a solution for you, then you
don't need to bother doing anything else.  If someone has seen this and
has some relevant input, I'm sure they'll speak up.

Holliston, MA 01746