Major Problem With Latest CYGWIN1.DLL And Serial IO [VERIFIED!]

Arash Partow arashp@hotmail.com
Fri Apr 23 04:28:00 GMT 2004

Hi George,

I've just downloaded your bit of code, and can happily or
sadly (however one takes it) verify that there is a problem
in cygwin regarding the initialization of comports via the
open() method.

I've also had some other problems with cygwin's behaviour
during read() of comports, cygwin doesn't seem to want to
block even when .c_cc[VMIN] is set to something like 1,2,3...

Anywayz seeing your post today has motivated me to write
my own post and bit of code to demonstrate this problem.

Good Catch!

Arash Partow

Be one who knows what they don't know,
Instead of being one who knows not what they don't know,
Thinking they know everything about all things.
http://www.partow.net

.

..