Running fetchmail as a service

Larry Hall cygwin-lh@cygwin.com
Fri Apr 23 20:55:00 GMT 2004

At 02:44 PM 4/23/2004, you wrote:
>>  From <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>:
>>   Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out and include that file as an attachment
>>   in your report. Please do not compress the output. Just attach it as a
>>   straight text file so that it can be easily viewed.
>
>Sorry...
>
>> Definitely.  And you're cygcheck output shows that '/cygdrive/h' is a
>> network share.  If it requires a password to access it, then you won't
>> be able to use it for fetchmail.  This will keep it from starting as a
>> service.  Also, don't remount /, /usr/bin, and /usr/lib as text mounts.
>> You won't be doing yourself any favors with that.
>
>Well, I remounted those because that's what cron_diagnose.sh said to
>do...

Actually, I think you'll find it complained that those mounts weren't
mounted as "system".  I've noticed it complain about that even when
they are.

>So is there no way I can use the network share for fetchmail?

Sure.  Add "Everyone" to the list of users in the "Security" tab for the
file properties in the Explorer.  But that gives everyone and anyone
access to your directory.

Holliston, MA 01746