Need to replicate TIOCGICOUNT and TIOCMIWAIT on cygwin

Brian Ford ford@vss.fsi.com
Tue Apr 27 18:31:00 GMT 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Jim Brain wrote:

> As a followup, I thought maybe I would use the Win32 API to open a
> serial port, use cygwin_attach_handle_to_fd() and save off both handles.
> Then, when I need to WaitCommEvent, I'd use the HANDLE, otherwise, use
> the fd.

cygwin_attach_handle_to_fd currently has little to no error checking.
I'll see if I can make a patch to fix that if I have time.
You could too if you are so inclined.

http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PTC

> Anyone got any ideas?

You didn't say what version of Cygwin you are using.  Please see
http://cygwin.com/problems.html for the details we need.

AFAIK, the NtCreateFile change is a very recent one, only available in
fairly recent snapshots.  It has a bug in that it doesn't support win32
device paths and thus the internally defined path to the COM ports.
Hopefully, that will be fixed soon.

This is temporarily a bad time to be working on COM port stuff :-(.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer