g++ 3.4.0 cygwin, codegen SSE & alignement issues

tbp gcc@ompf.org
Thu Apr 29 07:16:00 GMT 2004

Ross Ridge wrote:
> Apparently the code that SDL calls to create the threads doesn't create
> threads with aligned stacks.  If SDL is using Cygwin functions to create
> threads but these functions are creating threads that don't have 16-byte
> aligned stacks then this is a Cygwin problem.
SDL is a bit of a pain regarding cygwin (they insist on using mingw
etc)... Anyway with Brian Ford patch in hand i have some chances to
teach it how to behave.

> You need to write an assembler function (you can't use inline assembly
> to fix this problem reliably) for each callback function in your code
> that's called *directly* by a function that's not compile with GCC.
> Something like this:
Ah, i didn't know about the no-inline asm clause (my kludge didn't seem
to do any good). Thanks for the clue.

>>PS: I've never found out how to build a 'cygming special' binary from
>>gcc sources, i can only make a cygwin or mingw. What's the trick?
> Download and compile the Cygwin modified sources.
Doh :)

Thanks for time,
	tbp.