How to set the colors of terminfo's standout mode?

Owen Rees owen.rees@hp.com
Thu Apr 29 11:02:00 GMT 2004

--On Wednesday, April 28, 2004 16:54:37 -0500 Alejandro López-Valencia
wrote:

> At 07:56 a.m. 28/04/2004, Frank Slootweg wrote:
>
>>   Is there a place where all these (I assume ANSI) escape sequences for
>> colors are listed? When I have that information, I can probably untic an
>> existing terminfo entry, modify it and tic it back to another name and
>> use that.
>
> The one I use came with the documentation of an ftp/sftp client I use,
> yafc. Tis information is very hard to come by if one is in a bind, so
> I'll include it here. Yafc's info file says:

The escape sequences are defined in ECMA-048, a link to the PDF is at
<http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-048.htm>.
This has also been adopted as ISO 6429, but ISO does not offer a free
downloadable version.

It is not the easiest of documents to decipher, but the colour codes are on
page 62, part of the section "8.3.117 SGR - SELECT GRAPHIC RENDITION".

You can string together many codes between the 'ESC[' and 'm', separated by
semicolons, but which ones work varies depending on what has been
implemented in the kind of terminal, and perhaps also on other settings.