cygglut-3.dll: W32.Magistr.B FOUND

Robert McNulty Junior unclebobby1@bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 18 00:39:00 GMT 2004



Miroslav Rovis wrote:

> Arturus Magi wrote:
>
>> Miroslav Rovis wrote:
>>
>>> Yesterday we ran setup.exe and downloaded X-Cygwin.
>>> Followed direction in the FAQ about virus unlikely to be there.
>>> But this package, from at least three different mirrors shows up the 
>>> same with clamav:
>>>
>>> freeglut-2.2.0-1.tar.bz2
>>>
>>> (honestly we don't know at this time what the package is about, late 
>>> at night here, spent all day, particularly myself, mostly with 
>>> getting to know clamav, sleepy...)
>>> Upon unpacking it and running:
>>>
>>> [root@lfsMs7 /aA/CygWin/ftp.uni-kl.de]# clamscan -r usr/x11r6/
>>> usr/x11r6//bin/cygglut-3.dll: W32.Magistr.B FOUND
>>> usr/x11r6//include/gl/freeglut.h: OK
>>> ... (the rest is all OK)
>>> ----------- SCAN SUMMARY -----------
>>> Known viruses: 23433
>>> Scanned directories: 9
>>> Scanned files: 24
>>> Infected files: 1
>>> Data scanned: 0.67 MB
>>> I/O buffer size: 131072 bytes
>>> Time: 1.211 sec (0 m 1 s)
>>> [root@lfsMs7 /aA/CygWin/ftp.uni-kl.de]#
>>>
>>
>> Clamscan, updated via freshclam just prior scanning for this post 
>> shows no virus in /usr/x11r6/cygglut-3.dll here.  The mirror I 
>> downloaded from is ftp://ftp.sunsite.utk.edu/pub/cygwin
>>
>>
>>
>> ----------- SCAN SUMMARY -----------
>> Known viruses: 23431
>> Scanned directories: 325
>> Scanned files: 12637
>> Infected files: 0
>> Data scanned: 227.41 MB
>> I/O buffer size: 131072 bytes
>> Time: 1186.872 sec (19 m 46 s)
>>
>>
>>
> I'm taking your word and the other guy's that reported Norton found that
> package OK, as I can't update my cvs checkout, this:
> http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=2352&group_id=1
> unfortunately "works" for me...
> Miroslav Rovis
>
>
> -- 
> Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
>
The virus is at your end.
I have Norton too. No virus here.




--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list