Trouble with home
Erik Weibust
eweibust@yahoo.com
Thu Aug 19 19:20:00 GMT 2004
Have you tried "hard-coding" the $HOME you want for the user in the
/etc/passwd? That worked for me.
Erik Weibust
http://erik.weibust.net
--- Robert Pollard <rpollard@apple.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am installing Cygwin on a Win2K3 server and it absolutely refuses
> to
> create a home directory under the Cygwin directory. All my other
> installations have created a home directory under Cygwin.
>
> This is creating problems with some scripts I wrote because the home
> is
> in "Documents and Settings..." instead of /home...
>
> Is there a way to force it to create the home directory in Cygwin or
> do
> I have to accept it as is? BTW, the login is a domain user instead
> of
> a local user. This is the only difference I know between other
> installations and this one.
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Robert
>
>
> --
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
>
>
=====
Erik Weibust
http://erik.weibust.net
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list