sshd automatically close connection after successful login
Larry Hall
lh-no-personal-replies-please@cygwin.com
Fri Aug 20 03:03:00 GMT 2004
At 06:42 PM 8/19/2004, you wrote:
>Well, I do want privilege separation support.
>
>So, I did the following:
>cygrunsrv --remove sshd
>cygrunsrv --install sshd --path /usr/sbin/sshd --args
>-r --user sshd_server
>
>and cygrunsrv asks me for password for sshd_server, I
>just hit enter twice...
>
>cygrunsrv --start sshd gives me a "logon error"
>
>I think sshd_server has empty password, so what's up
>with this logon error?
Perhaps you should check that.
I'm curious as to why you created the 'sshd_server'. Are you running
W2K3 server? If not, you're may be a little confused about the difference
between privilege separation and the user that runs the service. Consult
'/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/openssh.README' for the details. Oh and a read-
through of <http://cygwin.com/problems.html> would be beneficial if you
have a follow-up question. It has guidance for what makes a good problem
report.
--
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list