rsync failed to set permission
Bakken, Luke
Luke.Bakken@getronics.com
Wed Aug 25 16:24:00 GMT 2004
> I get many permissions denied failures when using rsync to
> copy my home directory to a network drive. I can't detect
> while rsync is complaining.
>
> The only thing that I don't know is why the file
> /cygdrive/c/home/sql/tmp/874677 have a '+' at the end of the
> mod. What does this mean?
>
> $ ls -ld /cygdrive/h/Privat/2cp/LAUFWERK_c/home/sql/tmp/874677
> drwxr-xr-x 1 F.Braunb Domänen- 0 24. Aug 11:19
> /cygdrive/h/Privat/2cp/LAUFWERK_c/home/sql/tm
> p/874677
> $ ls -ld /cygdrive/c/home/sql/tmp/874677
> drwxrwxrwx+ 2 F.Braunb Domänen- 0 24. Aug 11:19
> /cygdrive/c/home/sql/tmp/874677
>
> rsync comes with the message
> failed to set permissions on
> "/cygdrive/h/Privat/2cp/LAUFWERK_c/home/sql/tmp/874677":
> Permission denied
Do you have 'ntsec' in your CYGWIN env variable? I've never gotten rsync to work correctly with that on. Try turning it off on your client and server (if you have one).
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list