[ANNOUNCEMENT] Release candidate: gcc-3.4.1-1

Gerrit P. Haase freeweb@nyckelpiga.de
Thu Aug 26 10:52:00 GMT 2004

Hans wrote:

> Just to follow up on my earlier posting!

> Could it be that I'm picking a stale g77 runtime lib?

I don't think so, looks like a bug in the optimizer.

> The problem doesn't happen if I replace -O6 with -g.
> It ALSO goes away (with -O6) if I call fabs() instead of abs(). fabs()
> however is a C function, which I don't want rely on!

There is a bug with optimization in 3.3.x.  Maybe there are more bugs in
the optimizer, please try to figure out which flag triggers the error.

--
=^..^=                                     http://nyckelpiga.de/donate.html