[BUG] Bad File Descriptor while trying to set up postgresql

David A. Cobb Superbiskit@cox.net
Fri Aug 27 21:09:00 GMT 2004

At first, this stopped me entirely from initializing postgres; however,
today the initdb & createdb succeeded -- I don't know what changed.  In
any case, references to the database directory during the initdb incur a
Bad File Descriptor complaint when trying to set permissions.

The partition where the database lives is FAT32 -- it needs to be
because it is also visible from my Linux dual-boot.
I know permissions on a FAT32 volume are, at best, faked.  But IMHO it
shouldn't incur this sort of error.

--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"By God's Grace, I am a Christian man; by my actions a great sinner." -- The Way of a Pilgrim: R.French, Tr.