How to install an update of the library GMP in cygwin?

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Sat Aug 28 13:13:00 GMT 2004

Moises Deangelo schrieb:
> My main interest is to work with the mathematics library GMP.
>
> In cygwin, the last version that I found was to 4.1.2-1, but in the site
> of the library GMP, the last version is to 4.1.3.
>
> I do not understand anything of Linux or Unix and my English is not
> anything good.

but you have to know some development issues, or wait for the updated
cygwin release.

> Someone who knows this library, you know tell me how to install the new
> version of her (gmp-4.1.3)???

   it's a female in portoguese? or just in brazil :)

get the cygwin gmp-4.1.2-1 src package.
get the updated gmp-4.1.3 package.
apply the cygwin build script to the new version (change the version
number), just use prefix=/usr/local please.

this will apply the cygwin patches to the new version,
calls configure with the cygwin specific calls and calls make.
do your custom installation in to /usr/local/ then.
also unstall the cygwin gmp-4.1.2-1 package via setup.exe

> Or anybody does it knows how to tell when will the new version be placed
> for download in the install of the cygwin?

watch this list for ANNOUNCEMENT

> A hug to everybody.

please don't do that!

--