Cygwin1.dll problem with Hyperthreaded machines.

Kate Ebneter kebneter@apple.com
Mon Aug 30 23:25:00 GMT 2004

On Aug 28, 2004, at 10:49 PM, David Chatterton wrote:

> There was some discussion back in April regarding problems
> with loaded hyperthreaded machines including thread activation
> errors and other strange problems.
>
> Were these problems identified and resolved, or are they
> still outstanding?

We had serious problems using GNU Make out of cygwin that we were only
able to resolve by turning off hyperthreading on the relevant machines.
I've tried various newer cygwins with no success, so AFAIK, at least,
it's still a problem.

Kate Ebneter
iPod Build Engineer
Apple Computer, Inc.