BUG gcc-mingw 20040810-1 library search path

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Tue Aug 31 14:43:00 GMT 2004

Igor Pechtchanski schrieb:
> FWIW, I don't know what (if anything) has changed...  I've used "gcc
> -mno-cygwin" recently with no problems.  What exactly needs to be done to
> reproduce the problem?
> 	Igor

for me this fails:
install efsprogs and compile a mingw project which uses -luuid

this installs /usr/lib/libuuid.a, which has nothing to do with
/usr/lib/w32api/libuuid.a and the library search path favours the
efsprogs lib of course. no mount problem.
after deinstalling efsprogs or just moving away the lib it works fine of
course.

Example: xvid cvs snapshots for the dshow build in my nightly builds
   http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/software/xvid/

dshow-make.patch shows the linker line for a typical mingw target
(here with direct show also):
$(CC) $(LDFLAGS) -mno-cygwin -shared \

-Wl,-dll,--out-implib,$@.a,--enable-stdcall-fixup,--allow-multiple-definition
\
		-o $@ \
		$(OBJECTS) xvid.ax.def \
		-L$(DXTREE)/Lib -lstrmiids \
		$(DXBASECLASSES)/strmbase.lib \
		-luuid -lwinmm -lole32 -loleaut32 -lcomctl32 -lstdc++

--
Everyone ought to worship God according to his own inclinations, and not
to be constrained by force. (Flavius Josephus, Life)