c:/ seems to be accessed in binary even if cygwin is configured as textmode by default

Arnaud Mouiche arnaud.mouiche@inventel.fr
Tue Aug 31 18:09:00 GMT 2004

Hi.

just make a fresh update (from a long time). I mount my system in textmode
by default.
yet,

c:/file seems to be accessed in binary mode
/cygdrive/c/file is accessed in text mode

Is it the new default behaviour ? Is there a configuration that I missed ?

thanks

Arnaud

here a simple proof

$ cygcheck -c | grep cygwin
cygwin               1.5.10-3           OK
cygwin-doc           1.3-7              OK
$ mount
C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (textmode)
C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (textmode)
C:\cygwin on / type system (textmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type user (textmode,noumount)
d: on /cygdrive/d type user (textmode,noumount)
w: on /cygdrive/w type user (textmode,noumount)
$ echo a > /cygdrive/c/a
$ echo a > /cygdrive/c/b
and
$ diff /cygdrive/c/a c:/b
1c1
< a
---

another one:

$ echo a > c:/a
$ echo a > /cygdrive/c/b
$ ls -l c:/a c:/b
-rw-rw-rw-    1 arnaud   Aucun           2 Aug 31 19:29 c:/a
-rw-rw-rw-    1 arnaud   Aucun           3 Aug 31 19:29 c:/b (size differs)