Patch to /etc/profile to deal with $HOME with a space

John Morrison john@morrison.mine.nu
Wed Dec 1 11:32:00 GMT 2004

> Hi John,

Hi :)

> John Morrison wrote on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 10:08 AM:
>>
>> I did consider changing /etc/postinstall/passwd-grp.sh so that
>> instead of running
>>
>> /bin/mkpasswd -l -c > /etc/passwd
>>
>> it does
>>
>> mkpasswd.exe -l -c | sed 's/cygdrive\/.*Documents and Settings/home/'
>> > /etc/passwd
>
> This is nonsense. "Documents and Settings" is localized.

Humm, not nonsense (it works for English), maybe not correct... (is this
retrievable for replacement?)

Anyway, the idea (if not the impl) stands, when a network user installs
cygwin HOME is set to doc & settings.  When a local user installs HOME is
set to /home/user.  So, should network user functionality be changed?
(assuming it's possible to get the localisation)

J.