MSVC-dll under cygwin

Dave Korn dk@artimi.com
Thu Dec 2 17:36:00 GMT 2004

  Well, the odds are that MSVC's C++ STL and Gcc's C++ STL use different
structures to represent a string.  Unless you've gone through the headers
and verified that the two structures are exactly alike, and also that the
vtbls and all the supporting machinery are exactly alike, you can't expect
it to work.

    cheers,
      DaveK