commands not found

cygwin@claymccoy.com cygwin@claymccoy.com
Tue Dec 7 03:36:00 GMT 2004

I ran the bash login from dos (bash --login -i -x)and it logged me in just fine,
there was no output.  It still says that commands can't be found but the output
is a little different.  Now it puts a + and the command before telling me that
it can't be found.

Something that concerns me, aside from my path, is according to my cygcheck, my
home is:
HOME = `C:\cygwin\home\Clay'
But that directory doesn't exist.

I don't know even what to ask about the multiple cygwin1.dlls.
I did try to install cygwin x, and then installed cygwin multiple times trying
to get it to work right.  Always with the same setting sthough, I thought I was
just overwriting itself.

So this just works for everyone else huh?  That figures...