Command boxes popping up

jurgen.defurne@philips.com jurgen.defurne@philips.com
Mon Dec 13 15:40:00 GMT 2004

Hi Dave,

No, I have no problems with graphical applications.

My scripts run a variety of commands, mostly cygwin,
but some applications run in a DOS shell.

To elaborate, I run bash, and inside this shell I start ActiveState Perl,
which of course knows nothing about Cygwin. The script run by
ActiveState's Perl, then starts system or `` commands, and it is
from there that I get command boxes.

I have run a small test :
$ /cygdrive/c/Perl/bin/perl -e "system \"dir\""

and this pops up a DOS command box while the command
executes.

I did not have that before, and the only thing changed was
the upgrade to Cygwin 1.5.11.

Regards,

Jurgen

"Dave Korn" <dave.korn@artimi.com>