How to make `mv the hard way' fail

Shankar Unni shankarunni@netscape.net
Mon Dec 13 21:13:00 GMT 2004

wayne willcox wrote:
> If you really want that kind
> of interaction it is a trival shell script that wraps the mv
> command and can prompt the user for any number of things including
> "are you sure",, "again are you sure you want to move this file"

mv already *has* the -i option, and it does just what you describe.

The reason I proposed tacking on this other prompt to the same option is
that:

(a) the option is called "--interactive" in full, and suggests that it
controls *all* interactive behavior in "mv".
(b) it seemed ..

(oh, well, never mind...)

I'll just create it as a long-only option for the moment
(--(no-)copy-dir-if-busy)