Problems starting rxvt

Jesper Nygårds jesper.nygards@gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 07:15:00 GMT 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:32:22 -0500, Larry Hall
<lh-no-personal-replies-please@cygwin.com> wrote:
> >I have edited the cygwin.bat script to read as follows:
> >
> >@echo off
> >C:
> >chdir C:\cygwin\bin
> >rxvt -e /bin/zsh --login -i
> >
> >But when I start cygwin, a DOS window opens and displays the message:
> >"failed to open an Xlib (cygX11-6, libX11)". Then an rxvt window
> >opens. The DOS window can't be closed without closing the rxvt window.
> >Rxvt seems to be working fine, except for the fact that clicking the
> >middle mouse button doesn't paste but starts the Windows scrolling
> >mechanism.
>
> Start here:
 > >Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html

Thank you for your reply Larry. Reading the page you suggested, I
realize my initial message was too vague. First of all this is cygwin
version 1.5.12-1 under Windows XP Professional. I have also run
"cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out" and attached the output to this
message.

> While you're at it, check if DISPLAY is set in your environment.

Doing an "echo %DISPLAY%" in DOS yields :0.0
Doing an "echo $DISPLAY" in rxvt/zsh yields :0.0

TIA

Jesper