Command boxes popping up

Rui-Tao Dong rdong@trestlecorp.com
Tue Dec 14 20:23:00 GMT 2004

>>>>> "jurgen.defurne" == jurgen defurne <jurgen.defurne@philips.com> writes:

 jurgen.defurne> Hello, everybody, Since I switched from Cygwin 1.5.3
 jurgen.defurne> to Cygwin 1.5.11, I keep getting annoying DOS boxes
 jurgen.defurne> when starting a non-cygwin process inside a cygwin
 jurgen.defurne> process.

 jurgen.defurne> Is this a feature (bug) of 1.5.11, so I should
 jurgen.defurne> upgrade, or is this the result of a setting ?
 jurgen.defurne> Upgrading is not that easy because we share cygwin
 jurgen.defurne> from a central drive.

 jurgen.defurne> I've found other people having the same problem in
 jurgen.defurne> the past, but I did not find any answers.

I don't know if it is related, but I get cmd box when I call nmake
from (cygwin/X11) XEmacs' compiling mode and I don't get to see that
error message in XEmacs' compiling buffer.  The strange thing is that
it is intermittent.  However, I can consistently kill the cmd box if I
compile with

ssh localhost "cd ${PWD}; nmake -f *.mak"

and get the compiler output in my XEmacs buffer.

--

	Rui-Tao Dong
	(949) 673-1907 x116

ALL INFORMATION IN THIS EMAIL OR ATTACHED TO THIS EMAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL.