running .bat files from bash

Donal Murtagh domurtag@yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 15 20:10:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

I've noticed that if I want to run a .bat file in bash I have to cd to the
directory it's in first in order for it to run properly

For example, if I want to run c:\foo\bar.bat I have to use:

cd /cygdrive/c/foo
bar.bat

if I try

/cygdrive/c/foo/bar.bat

it doesn't work properly. It seems that if I attempt the latter, the .bat file
is launched, but doesn't work properly. The particular .bat file I'm running
compiles a Java source tree, and when I try to launch it via
/cygdrive/c/foo/bar.bat, the messages sent to standard output suggest it's
working fine, but none of the .class files are created.

Has anyone else come across this?

Cheers,
- Donal