Setup: 'Download From Internet' creates 'c:/cygwin/etc/setup'

George d1945@sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 16 15:16:00 GMT 2004

Performing a new installation on a machine I selected the 'Download From
Internet Option'.  Files were saved to the root of a currently empty D:/
partition.

Ordinarily I'd just delete the 'c:/cygwin/etc/setup' dirs and files as
they seem to contain summmary download-specific information, but I'm
wondering why this folder was created where it was.  Maybe if I had
selected 'Install from Internet' and picked 'c:/cygwin' (on this
machine) for the installation directory (neither of which is the case),
it might make more sense.

Thanks.

--
George