Piping output from sqlplus

Chuck skilover@softhome.net
Fri Dec 17 16:26:00 GMT 2004

Bakken, Luke wrote:
>>Why would ksh behave differently under Cygwin than under Solaris?
>

> cygwin ksh is pdksh. The specific set of code you gave does not work in
> pdksh. Read about it here:
> http://web.cs.mun.ca/~michael/pdksh/
>
> "Its weak points are that there are still a few differences from ksh88
> (the major one is that `echo hi | read x' does not set x in the current
> shell - the read is done in a separate process). See the NOTES file in
> the distribution for more details."
>
> You can get a Cygwin ksh from www.kornshell.com

This is working just perfectly thanks. I would like to note (for the
archives) that this ksh does not support the -l option. If you want to
use it for a login shell so that it runs /etc/profile and $HOME/.profile
automatically, make a copy of it named -ksh and run that from your
windows batch file. I tried just creating a symlink named -ksh first,
but Windows didn't like it.