How change libtool rule of naming dlls from "cygFOO-version.dll" to "FOO.dll"?

Mike Kenny - BCX - Professional Services JHB Mike.Kenny@bcx.co.za
Tue Dec 21 07:01:00 GMT 2004

 What is the effect of using
$ ln cygsurfit-1.dll libsurfit.dll
to create a link rather than simply rename?

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf
Of Mikhail Dmitrievsky
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 8:39 AM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: How change libtool rule of naming dlls from
"cygFOO-version.dll" to "FOO.dll"?

Hello!

I have a problem. I write dll for Tcl and my dll must have fixed name
"libsurfit.dll" because of fixed initial procedure name, but using
libtool i have cygsurfit-1.dll :(

Renamig cygsurfit-1.dll to libsurfit.dll don't solve the problem,
because i have another dll called "libfreeflow.dll" with name
"cygfreeflow-1.dll", which depends on "cyglibsufit-1.dll"

How can i change libtool rule of naming dlls from "cygFOO-version.dll"
to "FOO.
dll"?