AW: cygwin 1.5.12-1, g++ 3.3.3 and DB2 UDB DLLs

Lange Torsten Torsten.Lange@fja.com
Tue Dec 21 10:01:00 GMT 2004

...a great hint, I've tried to link against the original DLLs located in the
DB2 binary directory and it worked!
My link command now looks like this:
  g++ -obuild/cpp/compiledir/debug/Test.exe
  build/cpp/compiledir/debug/Test.o
  -Le:/Programme/SQLLIB/bin -ldb2app -ldb2abind -ldb2g11n -ldb2install
-ldb2locale
  -ldb2osse -ldb2sys -ldb2sysp -ldb2trcapi -ldb2util -ldb2wint
-Le:/Programme/SQLLIB/lib -ldb2cli

Thanks a lot,
Torsten

>>[...]

> Does this make a difference if a DLL is stripped or not?  I am not aware
> of this.  Have you actually tried to create import libs?

If the DLL is stripped an empty 'def'-file will be created.