libtool creating DLLs called ".exe"

Lapo Luchini lapo@lapo.it
Wed Dec 22 20:05:00 GMT 2004

Lapo Luchini wrote:

> I'll try to debug it this evening, on the train, on my way home...
> hope to find the problem and/or a fix.

In the libtool generated for sqilte I found the bug to be that $soname
is defined with $shared_extension, which in turn is defined with
$shrext, but the file contained "only" a definition for $shrext_cmds
(defined but never used), and no $shrext at all.

Modifying the line to say $shrext instead of $shrext_cmds completely
solved the problem. I was pretty much happy and ready to send a ptch
upstream when I noticed that in a different project the code that used
$shr_ext wasn't included at all and that "patch" did nothing to help.

Moreover reading the "original" libtool I noticed that BOTH $shrext and
$shrext_cmds are used here and there... but I know very little about
libtool internals.

Thus, I don't know the "real solution" yet ^_^"""
Any suggestion?

(one could be to write to a libtool mailing list insetad of a cygwin
one, that's for sure.. but I tought someone could be interested too, as
the problem arose more than one time on this list already...)

--
Lapo Luchini
lapo@lapo.it (PGP & X.509 keys available)