sshd on w2k3 and interact with desktop

Pablo Sierra Santos pablo_sierra@es.ibm.com
Fri Dec 24 10:27:00 GMT 2004

How can I enable sshd service to interact with the desktop? (Windows 2003
and service being run as sshd_server user)?

I've installed and sshd con a w2k3 server. sshd service is running as user
sshd_server, because:

(extract of ssh-host-config script)
        echo "You appear to be running Windows 2003 Server or later.  On
2003 and"
        echo "later systems, it's not possible to use the LocalSystem
account"
        echo "if sshd should allow passwordless logon (e. g. public key
authentication)."
        echo "If you want to enable that functionality, it's required to
create a new"
        echo "account 'sshd_server' with special privileges, which is then
used to run"
        echo "the sshd service under."

I'm trying to run a silent installation on that server through an ssh
session, but installation hangs. I suspect it is related to some kind of
interaction with the desktop. As sshd service is not being run as Local
System Account, "Enable Dektop Interaction" option is greyed-out in Service
Manager Applet.

Thanks in advaned.
Pablo